LATEST ARTICLES

AI Integration into Unified Communication Products

An introduction AI controlled audio (and sometimes video) digital assistant devices like Amazon Echo or Google Home are all the rage right now.  The appeal is not hard to see. They provide audio streaming, wake you up, play games, tell jokes, settle bets and remind you to buy milk. And all this is just the tip of the AI iceberg. AI in...

Connect – Age of Collaboration

UC News, AV News and Maverick AV Solutions are creating a boundary-pushing event that we would love you to be a part of. Connect – Age of Collaboration will be taking place at the iconic Design Museum in London on the 26 and 27th September. We know the future of work is collaboration, and businesses must transform digitally to compete. The...

Will freemium services determine our business decisions?

That of Freemium services. John Vickerage reports There are an incredible number of free apps available on tablets and smart phones. Some offer you free access to a game, mapping tool or fitness tracker, however you have to experience fairly invasive advertising. If you become a subscriber, the ads disappear. Other apps allow no advertising, instead offering near-irresistible rewards and...

Profile: Videxi​o

Dan Honour, responsible for UK sales at Videxio, introduces the company and its services - simple, productive video calls and meetings from anywhere. Please describe Videxio. What does the company do and how does this help its customers? What do you do there? Videxio is a cloud video conferencing provider. The goal is to make business quality video communication available to...

Best practice for video meetings

Once you have your video meeting hardware, your software or service you are about 80% of the way to having successful video communications. What’s the other 20%, you ask? Priscilla Barolo of Zoom says that the remaining portion is your ability to create a professional appearance, background, and presentation. She provides some top tips for effective video communications… First, let’s...

Super Group of vendors collaborate on bundle offer

Oblong

Super Group of vendors collaborate on bundle offer Oblong Industries announced a new distribution agreement with ScanSource deigned to meet the growing demand for advanced collaboration technology for the enterprise. This is the first time that Mezzanine platform for immersive collaboration from Oblong Industries, will be available through distribution to the ProAV market – in a unique new ScanSource bundle...

Home working lags behind other smart home applications

Home working lags behind other smart home applications According to Sellhousefast.uk, generally enthusiastic British smart home technology adopters rate non-work related technologies far less highly than those associated with entertainment and leisure. While the majority of Brits believe the lounge (72%) is the room in the house which is best suited for smart technology, devices such as ‘Video doorbells/security systems’...

Democratised video streaming?

Democratised video streaming? A new technology is claimed to enable anyone to affordably integrate video into apps and online. Cloudflare Stream is described as a new way for content owners and app developers to integrate video into any application or website. Prior to Cloudflare Stream, if businesses wanted to move beyond just uploading videos to a consumer service like YouTube, they...

Next generation aerial photography and video with AirSelfie2

With the AirSelfie2, we’re redefining what consumers should expect from a flying camera” said Chris Jungfleisch, CMO of AirSelfie. In much the same way that GoPro has disrupted the market for action cams, AirSelfie2 aims to do the same in the drone mounted camera sector. The device is a pocket-sized flying camera, that features a 12-megapixel camera for full HD...

Connect your car

Starlink

Connect your car Just one new device is said to integrate your car as a smart device into your work and personal life. ERM Advanced Telematics (http://ermtelematics.com), whose products have been installed in more than 1.5 million vehicles worldwide, has launched the StarLink Tracker with Wi-Fi, a versatile telematics product that integrates advanced vehicle tracking, driver behaviour monitoring, theft prevention,...